Well trained and having the right exposure and knowledge to operate on spinal cord, brain including other intricate structures associated with the nervous system, the best neurosurgeon in india can be trusted upon. To acquire immense knowledge and exposure in the domain, the neurosurgeons are required to undergo the most rigorous of all medical training programs. They are needed to complete four years of study at the college and another four years in medical school. A minimum of 6 years of residency is expected by the neurosurgery student to complete their intense training program, to become efficient and effective as a neurosurgeon like dr timothy steel. By the time, they complete their training program; they become licensed neurosurgeon and would have spent at least 14 years of school.
Taking care of spinal issues
The neurosurgeons are also called brain surgeons. They spend maximum time working on spinal region. They are expected to conduct some common neurosurgery procedures to help their patients to get relief from the pain and suffering that is caused to them from spinal related issues and ailments. Furthermore, the neurosurgery procedures are termed to be incredibly complicated, the reason why good amount of time is dedicated by the neurosurgeons to train themselves to become the experts in this domain. Indian neurosurgeons undergo very hard training and also are extremely dedicated and sincere. They can be expected to do a good job and provide new life to their patients.
10 neurosurgery procedures performed by neurosurgeons
- Chiari Decompression: Arnold-Chiari malformation although uncommon is considered to be a defect taking place in the brain, especially in that part which controls the brain. It is to be rectified, so as to enable the patient to enjoy improvement in coordination and balance. Numerous legitimate options are present, with all of them requiring undergoing surgical remedies. Chiari decompression is one simple and safe neurosurgical option present that involves removal of the bone from the back of skull region.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy: At some point of time in life, any person, be it a man or woman is likely to experience pain in the neck region. However, if this pain arises due to herniated disc, then it can be really unbearable and will require surgery, which is a delicate procedure. During anterior cervical discectomy, the surgeon will work from the front to remove damaged disc which presses on the spinal cord or nerve root.
- Epilepsy surgery: If pharmacological treatment does not provide adequate remedy to epileptics, then surgical options are to be considered. A common procedure requires removal of brain portion which produces potentially fatal and uncontrollable seizures.
- Craniectomy: This simple, but highly effective procedure has been able to help save patients suffering from traumatic stroke and brain injury. Here, a skull part gets removed to provide the swelling brain the much needed space required to expand without getting crushed.
- Lumbar Puncture: It is an effective, but simple test carried out for several diseases emerging from lumbar puncture (spinal tap) and central nervous system and used commonly to diagnosis meningitis.
- Laminectomy: This require the least invasive operation with just a small incision made on the skin to get access to and remove portion of vertebral bone known as lamina. It is commonly undertaken among patients suffering from severe chronic back-pain and is termed as decompression surgery.
- Spinal fusion: It is a crucial surgical procedure to help patients suffering from traumatic injury or degenerative disease. Through this procedure, the spine is kept stable.
- Microdiscetomy: It is a popular procedure and is used for treating patients suffering from pain in the herniated discs located in lumbar region.
- Ventriculostomy: The procedure is used as an alternative towards shunting insertion to treat hydrocephalus. A tube is used in this procedure for draining fluid buildup taking place in the brain.
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt: Patients suffering from hydrocephalus are provided this treatment, which involves shunt implantation to drain excess fluid present on brain and relieves pressure.
The above are just few of the many procedures that are conducted by the best neurosurgeon in india on a regular basis. This will actually give the patients a better idea of what is undertaken by these highly qualified doctors and how they can help to help remove the pain and lead a better, normal life.